Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Welcome to Guck Tales!

Welcome to my blog site, Guck Tales! This is a software technology blog, intended to chronicle things I find interesting as I research, use, and develop computer software technologies. See my profile for more details about me, but here's a quick background: I've been working with computers and developing software for over 35 years. For reasons unknown to me, I seem to always be involved with databases, either developing DBMS systems or writing database applications. I've worked on many client/server, peer-to-peer, and high performance transaction processing applications, poking every technology I can find with a stick to see if it bites. I love this field. If I hadn't landed in computers, I'd probably be programming on the side anyway. I pinch myself all the time thinking: "They pay me to do this!"

I probably should have started blogging long ago. Not that I'm a great writer, but I love to share things I find: cool tools, new technologies, insights into solving hard problems. What made me decide to finally start a software technology blog is my current area of research: NoSQL databases. What are these? See the next blog entries! I'll start writing about my experiments and findings with this new breed of database, hopefully providing some valuable links and tips to others who may need to walk a similar path. As I stray into other areas of software development, I'll try to chronicle interesting things in other areas as well. If you follow this blog, I hope you find something useful.

Welcome!

No comments:

Post a Comment